The last
book that I got completely immersed in that I remember was Divergent. I was
towards the end of my senior year and I just remember being completely enticed
and shutting out the rest of the world until I had completed it. I am very
interested in all dystopia novels and love the meaning behind what the book
stands for. I think the Tris, the lead character, is what really captivated me
while reading it. She was relatable and I felt like I was going through similar
situations while reading it. Tris has to leave her family and start a whole new
life with one moment, the choosing ceremony, to decide her fate for the rest of
her life. At this point in my life I still was not sure where I wanted to attend
college and was scared of the fact of leaving my parents, so being a apart of
Tris’s struggle allowed me to come to terms with my own. Also, the action and
love story enhance the story even more and made me want to live her life on the
edge. I have read books since Divergent, but have not been able to immerse myself
so deeply that I felt one with the character. I think I would be able to do the
same again when I do not have school to worry about. There is something special
about a book that can momentarily take you out of the world to a new universe
that you create with the character inside of your mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment