Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Post 10 Deegan

The last time I was really immersed in a book was when I read “Looking for Alaska” earlier in the semester. This is my favorite book and that was the eighth time I read it. What interested me were the plot, the characters, and the overall writing style. The plot is full of twists and weird situations, and really made you want to know what was coming next. The characters were all very unique people. They had pretty different personalities, but the main character was someone you wanted to be. She is described as beautiful, a risk taker, fun, smart, and independent. She probably isn’t the best role model, considering she gets herself into trouble most of the time, but a lot of her characteristics is something most people want in themselves. Alaska isn’t afraid to stand up for herself or her friends, and she can defend any choice she makes. John Green is also a phenomenal writer, and makes every word important. The book is very deep, and really gets you to think.

         I first read this book the winter break of eighth grade, and immediately introduced it to all my friends. I wanted them to enjoy it as much as I did, and it would be nice to have someone to discuss it with. I think I could replicate this experience, but it’d have to be during a break of school. Now, it is hard to read for fun because I feel like I need to be studying or working on other homework, so there isn’t much extra time for free and “deep” reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment