Sunday, April 20, 2014
Shepherd- Post 10
The last time I was really immersed in a book was around 3
months ago over Christmas Break. I read a book about an alternate universe and
romance. I can’t remember the books name but it was good; not the best book I
have ever read but definitely not the worst. I don’t think there was anything
in particular about the story that made it in-captivating but more that I was
finally able to sit and read and not feel like I had seventy two million other
thing pressing down on me, calling out for my immediate attention like I do
almost always at college. I very much think I could replicate this deep reading
again if I wanted too it is just a matter of being able to take the time to do
so. I think in our daily lives its something that we tend to pass over-the small
relaxing moments that is-as we are whirring past in our constant race to get
more things done be more productive, and so on. I think that we are all capable
of engaging in deep thought or deep reading if we simply set our minds to it,
so to speak. If we weren’t so obsessed with always moving and we simply took time
deliberately out of our busy day to sit and relax and read or think, I believe
since we are so early in to this age f technology all these so called effects
on our brain can be reversed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment