Saturday, April 19, 2014

Post #10 Poulsen

The last book I was full immersed in was called "Zodiac."  I read this book last year simply because I was curious about the Zodiac killer and wanted to learn a little more about him.  I ended up really loving the book and wasn't able to put it down because I kept wanting to know what he did next or which clue he would leave for the police.  I also was really curious on how and why no one was able to catch the Zodiac killer.  With all of this interest I found my self saying "Just one more chapter" over and over again until before I knew it I had finished the book.  For me to be really in love with a book it is rare, but I do think that there are certain topics that I would really enjoy and would capture my full attention.  I find that I read the most when I am on vacation or somewhere where I am away from the majority of friends because I am not pressured to want to go on facebook or call someone to hang out.  I agree with Carr that my attention is very scattered when reading a book because I always think that there must be a faster way to read this or an easier way to get the information.  The best chance I would have of replicating this act of deep reading would be if I was reading something that I was really interested in and not something that was assigned.  I would also have to have a large amount of time set aside where I am able to do nothing but read this book.  I also find it easier to ready on rainy and stormy days where Im not able to do anything outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment