It was pretty clear that Carr doesn’t like how our society
is becoming totally reliable on technology and he thinks that it’s affecting us
negatively, which I would have to disagree with. I think that Carr just can’t
wrap his head around the fact that our generation is different from his
generation. Since he is older than us he obviously hasn’t grown up with the
technology that we have had around us our entire life. I think that Carr just
needs to realize that our generation is going to be learning information much
more differently than him. Back in the day doing research for a project would
take much longer since you would have to sit there and read numerous amounts of
books just to get some information. Nowadays technology allows for us to get
everything we need to get done that much faster. Even though Carr says that
technology is affecting our learning capability the point is we are still
learning even though it may not be the same as we use to. Overall Carr does
make good points on how fast technology has been expanding and how it has been
affecting us but once I again I don’t believe that it is affecting us
negatively. I believe that the ever improving technology we have around us
allows us to be much more productive and is very beneficial to what our society
has now come to.
No comments:
Post a Comment