The last time I was really immersed
in a book was in 7th grade.
Honestly I am not a big fan of reading, but this book brought out
emotions I didn’t know I could feel from just reading a book. The book was titled, Invisible by Pete
Hautman. The author was coming to visit
my school and we were required to read one of his books. I was so engrossed with the book because I
was really able to relate to the characters.
There are really only three main characters in the book, and because
there are so few, I really felt like I connected to them. I began to understand their personality and
they felt like friends. The story line
was also amazing, on the last two pages a shock element is written, and when I finished
I put the book down and thought, “What! Did that really just happen?”. I do think I can replicate this experience,
but it is not something that can be planned, it just has to happen. I often do not read books people recommend because
I find that the books that I enjoy the most are ones that I personally can
relate to, and that is how I form the deeper connection to the book. I read this book many years ago but I would
love to revisit it and hopefully have the same or a similar reading experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment