The
last time I got really immersed in a book was when I read The Twilight Series
in my sophomore year of high school. This book made me feel like I was a part
of it. I remember crying when Edward left Bella and refused to read the next
book because of it. I eventually got over my madness and read the next book which
I hated because they did not bring Edward, the character that I loved, back in.
I was so attached and felt so deeply with these characters that I was upset
when one was not in one of the books. I think the way the author wrote and the
content of the story is what made me get engrossed. I loved how it was a love
story that included action and somewhat of a scare. Every page kept me up on my
feet whether someone was fighting or the main couple was falling in love.
Another
aspect that kept me engrossed with this series is because it was a series. I
constantly wanted to read the next one to find out what happened because I just
“needed” to know. I also remember being upset when I finished the last book in
the series. I would go hours without any social interaction while reading these
books. I do not think I could replicate that experience of “deep reading”
because even when I am reading a good book or even watching a good movie, I find
myself checking my phone for messages still. No matter what I feel like I need
to keep in contact with someone or check on twitter/instragram so I do not get
behind on any updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment