Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bender week 11

I found Carr's argument intriguing but overall unbelievable. Although I did find his argument on the progress of technology over time and how it has effected society. It is clear that times have changed and will continue to change, but it is not clear whether this is truly a bad thing. Carr makes it seem as if the world will end in a never ending rant that could be summarized in a paragraph. I did enjoy the history lesson and learned informative facts but did not take away what Carr was probably aiming to achieve from his readers. I found his main argument to be that the internet is fundamentally changing our brains. Yes It may be changing are brain, but i think it is just changing the way we process information and do not see why this is such a terrible thing. To me, there is more important issues in the worlds than to worry about the improvement of technology. I may be biased coming from a generation that grew up with all of the latest gadgets. Until more serious issues like world hunger and murder is solved this issue will not immediately be on my conscious. I found Foer's argument much more intriguing and believable and I am glad I got the chance to read on both sides of the spectrum when it comes to argumentative books.

No comments:

Post a Comment