Sunday, April 27, 2014

Levine post 10


The last time I really got fully engaged into a book was probably my sophomore year of high school when I read Lord of the Flies.  That is the last time I remember reading a book and actually wanting to continue reading.  I can't remember the last time I read a book for my own leisure, but when I read for school, however, typically I will only read what is assigned and as a result, will not be fully engaged in the book.  However, there was something different about Lord of the Flies.  I was not even a fan of the show Lost, so that is not why I liked this book so much.  I think that because all of the characters were children, I was able to relate more to them and it made me think more about what I would do if I were put into their situation.
           
            Getting immersed in a book like that is extremely rare for me.  Whenever I have nothing to do, I always think about watching TV, or a movie, playing videogames, or even taking a nap, among other things.  I never consider reading a book as a viable option to do in my free time, and as a result, I only read the books that I am assigned to read for class and don’t fully enjoy them either because most of them are boring, and not interesting to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment