Wednesday, April 30, 2014

post 10 knightly

The last time I got really immersed in a book was in high school when I read a book called Playing with Fire by Theo Fluery.  This is a book about the life of Theo Fluery from his childhood to his death.  HE was a professional hockey player who made a lot of bad decisions in his life.  In this book he looks back on those decisions and shares the mistakes he made.  The reason I got really immersed in the book was because it was a real story of someone who had it all in life and just threw it all down the drain so to speak.  Whenever I picked up the book it was so hard to stop reading because I felt like I was walking right beside him in the book.  I have read the book multiple times and I get the same feeling every single time.  This book is not fake witch I like, I hate to read books that are fake stories where authors are trying to portray characters that are completely unrealistic, I just don’t see the point of those stories.  I was truly amazed that he literally told the reader everything including the many illegal things he did and it was good to see a person like him open up to the reader.  I don’t know if I could get into a book like I was into this one.  I feel like I have known Theo his whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment