Wednesday, April 30, 2014

post 11 knightly

After finishing The Shallows by Carr, I disagreed with many of his arguments but I did agree with some.  One argument I agree with was when Carr talked about google.  He talked about how when google was created it jumped across many copyright laws.  He said they played by their own rules and everyone there bought into googles system.  They thought they were above everybody in society.  I also believe he is saying this because it goes along with some of his arguments.  It correlates to how we use google almost every day and it is making us lazy.  It may get things done faster but it is still making us lazy.  Instead of doing things on our own we rely on google to give us the answer.  My last statement goes with how are Carr talks about how are brains are wired.  Since we use google so much, when we have a question, instead of looking it up our brain immediately thinks to google it.  The part of the argument I don’t agree with is that we can’t change it.  Carr believes that this generation is so influenced on technology that we rely on it.  I don’t believe this is true because I believe if a person really wants to change their ways then they can.  This was a interesting booked filled with many arguments by Carr some which I agreed with and some which I didn’t.   

No comments:

Post a Comment