Friday, February 21, 2014

Cooper week 5

I liked the change up for class this week by going to the coffee shop and analyzing the space. I have yet to go and visit any of Iowa City’s coffee shops so this allowed for me to do that. It was also nice that the groups we were assigned to were random therefore we met some new people, which was nice. I don’t drink coffee so I am rarely ever in any coffee shops, let alone I have never analyzed a space like this before. After taking a brief tour of the Java House and discussing it with my group we noticed several distinct things that made this coffee shop stick out. Overall the coffee shop had a very calming atmosphere. One of the main things that I noticed was all of the paintings that they had up on the walls. They really wanted us to notice them because they had lights aimed down on them. I also liked how the coffee shop was set up into two different parts. The front part being more a social atmosphere where people could meet up and grab a cup of coffee in-between class or something along those lines. Once you get more towards the back it was a more serious quite zone for people to get work done. Overall I liked this activity we did for class because it was different and made me realize that places are decorated for a certain reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment