Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week 5- Bender

 I thought rhetorical analysis was only in literature before taking this class but was proved to be wrong when we got the chance to leave the classroom and uncover the argument behind a coffee shop. I am really glad we got the chance to go and do it on our own and being challenged to find out how much we have learned about rhetorical analysis so far.  I loved being able to leave the classroom and work with my classmates. I spend a lot of time in coffee shops so I found it very interesting to pick apart the coffee shop and find things I had never noticed before.  We analyzed The Java House and I was very intrigued by the layout and architecture. I had never thought of the homey and living room feel that the back section of the shop appeals.
           

 At first when you asked us to form an argument for the coffee shop I did not think it was possible. I can now confidently go into any public place and look into the details of what the company is trying to brand themselves as. I find myself stopping and taking in the scenery more than ever before.  I found the speaking presentation to be difficult. We have only been writing down rhetorical analysis so far, so it was very different having to explain it to other people and make them understand. The group atmosphere was good, but was also hard when we had to improvise for one of our missing group members. I learned a lot from this assignment and am glad I was challenged to think outside of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment