Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 5 Hart

Analyzing the rhetoric of a place or a thing is something totally new to me. I have never considered the amount of thought and planning that goes into setting up a business such as a coffee shop. One could go into great detail when considering everything that makes a coffee shop. Even with a very shallow understanding of the art of rhetoric,  my group members and I were able to work through the provided questions easily and even continued to go deeper into the rhetoric of the shop we visited. I personally think that shows just how impressively vast the practice of rhetoric and rhetorical analysis can be. I for one am a very new student to rhetoric and I was still able to pick out many of the important factors and the subtle appeals to the customers through the set up of shop, goods sold, and branding. Of course these are very broad terms that include a lot of information, and thats what makes the more discreet side of these shops; the rhetorical appeals. We could have sat and discussed what makes the coffee shop a complete experience. Everything in establishments such as these shops, is completely thought out and executed for a reason. I was also completely unaware of these concepts about month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment