Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Week 5 Kenny Levine
The rhetoric of a coffee shop was a very interesting, unique assignment. Like many others, I never looked at public spaces as having rhetorical qualities. It was fun going around to different parts of Iowa City that I wouldn't ordinarily visit and have class outside of the classroom. I had no idea how much thought goes into the decorations and organization of these coffee shops. When previously visiting certain establishments, it never even occurred to me that the chairs, tables, menu layout, decorations in the room were there for a specific purpose. However, I felt like for the group presentation, our group could've done a little better. One thing I noticed is that most of the groups seemed more prepared and organized with their speeches than ours was. Even though we all felt like we had a sufficient amount of information, it didn't necessarily translate into the speech I felt. However, aside from that I definitely enjoyed the rhetoric of a coffee shop assignment. It was a fun and different assignment that really challenged my thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment