I and my group visited Prairie Lights Cafe on Tuesday, February 18. I think that our group well examined space of the coffe shop and I learned a lot from rhetorical thinking about the coffee shop. Because I usually do not think what a coffee shop is about (I normally consider a coffee shop as a pick-up space of coffee or a chatting place), I do not care what a coffee shop is. I just get some coffee unintentionally at a cafe whenever I go a cafe. However, from this assignment I could learn that there are always reasons for anything. I mean why they put furnitures this way and that or why they appeal their menu to customers like that way and etc. There are always elaborated processes. I needed an “education” to order some menu. In Prairie Lights Cafe, they sell alcohol, such as wine, as well as normal coffees. For example, there is a alcohol called “Dirty bastard” and there are all french words for wines. Thus, I need to know what those refer to when I order those. The space of the cafe itself was very cozy and comfortable. Ambient lighting spreads throughout whole Prairie Lights Cafe and there were many tables that have very comfortable seating space. It made people be more interactive and sociable. There were broadly-based people. Many college students and local people were mixed on there. By analyzing Prairie Lights Cafe, I got the chance to know what rhetorical analysis is and I could improve my thinking skills. It was really intriguing activity for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment