Saturday, February 22, 2014

Week 5 Deegan


I think that the rhetoric of a coffee shop assignment was creative and fun overall. I think that the note-taking portion of the task went well, but the actual execution of the speech could have gone better. When we got to the coffee house we went through the question sheet and were able to thoroughly answer all the questions and had a good understanding of the café. It was interesting to look around and get out of the classroom for an assignment. I also liked to see a different coffeehouse aside from Starbucks, which is the only place I have been. When going through the questions it was interesting to notice and think about why brands would pick certain colors or furniture for their store.
When we were physically doing the speech, it was hard because we were missing one of our group members the day of the analysis, and it became difficult to fill him in. Relaying the information and trying to assign each member what to say was rough and hard to communicate with each other over email and then again in person during the time before the speech. I think given an extra class to go over what each person should say and to make sure not to read the answers off the question sheet would help to make it better. Public speaking has never been my forte and going up without much preparation was not easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment