Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Knightly-week5


This week in rhetoric me and the group I was assigned went to a coffee shop in Iowa City called T-Spoons.  We went there to analyze the rhetoric of a coffee shop.  At first I thought this was a weird activity.  I was thinking why we would go to a coffee shop to analyze the rhetoric of it.  After doing analyzing it I realized I was wrong.  I actually liked this activity, it was good to get out of the classroom and use the skills we have been learning about.  It was also good to get to know other kids in the class.  T-Spoons was a very unique coffee shop.  It had its own feel to it, and it wasn’t like the other expensive coffee shops.  It took its own stance as a shop and sold cheap coffee to college students.  Overall this was a great experience.  I hope we do more things like this in the future. After we analyzed the shop we gave a speech about our findings the next day in class.  I don’t really like to give speeches so this activity was good for me in preparing me for future speeches.  My group and I all worked well together and that is another reason this was a good activity.  We all contributed and gave our own input.  It will be good to hopefully get to know more people in the class by doing more activities like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment