This week we put our knowledge to the test to
see if Heinrichs really knew how to persuade people into thinking like him. I
have been a victim of his skills and am mesmerized by his tactics of argument
and persuasion. In chapter 6 of TYFA Heinrichs elaborated on the use of
ethos. The agreeable side of ethos can be separated into caring, craft, and cause.
I found it interesting when he mentioned three tools in order to get your
audience engaged. To get the audience to trust what you are saying you must show off your leadership,
bend the rules, and seem to take the middle course. So far, This book has
allowed me to better persuade my peers and pick up on when others are trying to
persuade me.
We put our newly learned skills to use in the book Eating Animals. So far I find the book
very interesting and am excited to become more educated on the topic of animals in our society. I have
been able to find a lot of Ethos pathos and logos usage in the first two chapters
of the book. I have noticed he has used pathos in the first chapter in order to
lure in the audience and keep them engaged in the text. He gets personal and
talks about his childhood and his current family in order to connect with all
age groups. I am looking forward to deciphering his further tactics of
persuasion and finding out if I will buy into his argument.
No comments:
Post a Comment