Sunday, March 30, 2014

blog post 5-week6, knightly

In chapter four of eating animals there are many logical fallacy’s used.  One particular one was in the section of the chickens of tomorrow.  The author used the logical fallacy of appealing to emotion.  This means manipulating an emotional response in place of a valid argument.  In this section the author talks about how chickens are raised.  Farmers in the 1940s wanted to breed chickens and get more out of there breast meat and eggs.  Farmers tried many drugs and many different types of feed to create the perfect chickens for each.  One point that was maid said imagine feeding a child granola bars and vitamins and it gaining three hundred pounds.  These chickens were raised along with normal chickens to be processed.  No genetically enhanced chickens take over the industry.  The author describes them as drugged up, grotesque, and enhanced chickens.  The author wants to appeal to our emotion by showing how wrong this is.  These chickens now need these drugs and a certain type of feed to just survive.  I was amazed by this section, because I eat chicken all the time.  It is wired to think about chicken now.  Whenever I eat it, I feel bad for the chicken that was used to make it.  Farmers who do this are abusing the chickens and it isn’t right.

No comments:

Post a Comment