The
group about lowering or keeping the drinking age gave their speech today and I
found it very interesting. I think having a bar manager as one of their guests
made it more relevant to the particular audience of us students and helped us
to engage in the talk show. I have always been on the side of lowering the
drinking age to 18 since you are considered a legal adult then and have so many
other rights such as enrolling in the army and voting on the future President
of the United States. Something I had never heard talked about before was brain
development. They had really great research that made me second-guess my view
on this topic. One of the girls talked about how your brain is not fully
developed until the age of 21 and alcohol consumption negatively affects this
growth of your brain. She used logos here and sounded like a very credible
person the way she used this logic to say that many more people would engage
drinking at this early age if it was legal and the affect on the growth of
peoples’ brains would be upsetting since they would not reach their full
potential. It amazed me how one simple fact, if persuaded correctly, can change
a person’s viewpoint (at least mine). The way our body grows and develops is
sacred and I think that is something that should be kept in natures hands and
if lowering the drinking age affects that, then I change my view to keeping the
legal drinking age 21 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment