Sunday, March 2, 2014
Gordon Week 5
This week we had the assignment to analyze the rhetoric of a coffee shop. I was extremely excited for this assignment because I love the opportunity to get out of the classroom and apply what we have learned to the real world. I was assigned with my group to T-spoons in the old capital mall. Upon arriving we found a table and began to look around. We used the guided questions and some we made up of our own to really analyze the rhetoric of the establishment. We concluded that T-spoons main rhetoric was to provide a third space for community members, students, and faculty. It was strategically located in the middle of the mall where there is a lot of foot traffic and there was lots of seating available. From all of the analyzing we did, I learned many things I would not have if we did not do this project. I apply these analytical skills to my own life now. When I am at a restaurant I will look to see if I would consider it a third space, what kind of people work there, what the seating is like, is there decoration, and most importantly what is the overall rhetoric. I feel this project was short and sweet but I was able to take a lot from it in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment