Sunday, March 2, 2014
Gordon Week 6
This week in Heinrich's we learned about logical fallacies. One that stuck out the most to me was "Tu Quoque". This means when someone is blamed for something they will suddenly try and turn the tables on to the other person and blame them for something they did in the past. This has happened to me multiple times, and i can even admit that ji have committed this fallacy in my past. The main example I can think of is with my sister. She is an extremely healthy eater and at times judges many people for their eating habits She does it more to me because i am an easy target as her little sister. Sitting down for dinner she made herself a nice salad filled with healthy veggies and grains. I sat down with a bowl of coco puffs. She right away says to me "I can't believe you are eating that as your dinner". Without a moment passing I said to her, "Well last week you had chocolate pancakes for dinner". My argument was not logical because what she ate last week no matter how unhealthy it was did not justify that what i was eating was healthy. After learning this I feel that when I commit a logical fallacy such as this one, I will notice and maybe try to create a better argument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment