Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cooper week 6

I like the chapter in Thank You For Arguing when Heinrichs is talking about logic. Right at the start of the chapter he talks about how bad logic wastes time and it made me laugh thinking of my childhood with the example he gives about how the kid telling his parents “all the other kids get to” and then the parents responding “if your friends told you to jump in a lake…” because I can picture my parents saying this to me all the time as a kid and the argument would go no where. I also like when he talks about syllogisms because it really shows how we go about thinking if this one person does it then they all must do it. The enthymeme logic we see everywhere in advertising because they give us an ideal situation and then therefore that outcome should happen every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment