Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week 5 Martin



I really enjoyed the coffee house activity because it was a great change of pace from the normal classroom routine and it had significant rhetorical applicability. Every now and then it is really nice to get out of the classroom and learn in a different environment. Having class in coffeehouses makes the learning environment much more laidback and enjoyable. The best part of the experience was that I felt like we were still doing something related to learning about rhetoric. If we did something that wasn't related to rhetoric it would have been frustrating because it basically would have been a waste of time. I thought the questions for us were interesting but not too challenging. The group I was in was able to sit down in our cafe and really study the space and the people. Before the assignment, I had never been inside May's even though I have to walk past it every time I go home. I never really thought sitting in a coffeehouse was something that I would want to do but since the assignment, I have been back to May's multiple times to study and grab some food to eat. The speech that went along with the assignment was an easy way to recap what we had experienced at our various cafes. I would totally recommend doing that assignment for future classes and I wouldn't mind if we did another assignment like this before the year is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment