I
am not a vegetarian and even though this book has opened my eyes to what goes
on behind closed doors I still am not a vegetarian. The part that made me
question what I was eating the most were the parts where we learned about the
living conditions of the animals and how poorly they actually are treated.
For me these parts were a little hard to read because although I eat meat
I also really love animals. I also found the section where we learned
about all of the different terms and how vague they really are very
interesting. This particular section surprised me the most because it
opened my eyes to what I was eating and it changed the definition of words i
thought i knew but it turned out I actually had no idea. The word that
caught me off guard the most was the word "bycatch". I
never really knew what to think of this word before this book but know when I see
it I am reminded off all the animals that are killed and hurt just to get
something as simple as a can of tuna. It
blows my mind how animals like sharks and whales can be killed just to catch
shrimp and smaller fish like salmon. Overall
I found this book to be very interesting and at times gross but necessarily
gross. By this I mean that the author makes intention gross and hard to read
sections to bring to light how bad things actually are in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment