During
the speeches I found the group debating abortion to be the most interesting and
also use the best rhetoric. I can not remember who said it but when
someone said "All life is life no matter what age they are" I saw
this as a use of pathos trying to appeal to everyones emotions on the subject
of abortion. This is a good use of pathos because we think of this little
fetus or stem cell as something different when we think of it as a living
person we now think that abortion is almost like murder which everyone can
agree is awful. By adding this emotion to the debate I felt like the
class was more likely to see abortion as wrong because I personally feel that
pathos is the strongest of the three tools mentioned in thank you for arguing. Although I feel that logos and ethos are also
effective I believe that emotions are sometimes just too overpowering and can
make someone see past a credible source or someone who has concrete facts. I also think that abortion being a controversial
topic comes down to what someone believes and their believes are usually tied
to them emotionally so making this pathos comment was a great way to deliver
the argument and make everyone in the room feel a certain way about the topic
of abortion.
No comments:
Post a Comment