This summer is going to be the most challenging and ground
breaking experiences of my life so far. I will come back a changed person and
challenged more than I could ever fathom. I have lived in the same town
of 2000 people for nineteen years of my life. Iowa City, which is an hour and a
half from my house, is the farthest I have ever been away from home. This
summer I decided to take a leap of faith and will be traveling 500 miles away
from my safe sheltered home to take care of youth at an overnight summer camp.
I currently have trouble taking care of my self let alone being in charge of
twenty hormonal ten year olds for the whole summer. I am ready for this
challenge and am expecting the absolute worst and best at the same time. How so
you may ask? I am coming guarded with my childhood, AKA my Sauvé apple scented detangler,
and working up as much patience as tolerable until I am tested to my wits end.
The best summer of course because I will be on a lake in my swimming suit
soaking up the rays all summer in the middle of the woods away from reality.
But I forgot to mention that I am slightly high maintenance and tend to stay
indoors. After this summer I will be one with nature and be ready to take on
anything, even the looming school year that at the moment will not seem to
leave me. Wherever this summer may take me, I am for sure to come back tan (or
burnt) and experienced. I would like to picture it as nature’s version of wonder
women.
No comments:
Post a Comment