The speeches preformed this week
were eye opening to me and I was able to see a side to multiple controversies
that I had not previously thought of.
The one I found the most challenging was Cheyenne’s speech about monitoring
the Internet. This is seen as the most
challenging because although there may be proposed ideas on how to solve the
problem and monitor the Internet, there are always ways to get around it. What may work for one family and keep their
kids safe will seem overbearing for another.
Each set of parents has their own rules so creating one universal
monitoring system could cause problems.
Chyanne really just brought this idea to my horizon. I never really viewed Internet monitoring as
a problem, but her facts showed that there are many people effected by
this. The moment I found particularly
rhetorically powerful was when she brought up websites that are currently
censored. I have never realized this and by her bringing it up it added to her
credibility because I could tell she did valid research. I really enjoyed this speech and would like
to learn more about censorship and see if there is any way to look more into
this topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment