Saturday, May 10, 2014

stukel post 15

            I am really looking forward to this summer in some ways, not so much in others. Since I have been at school, my parents moved three hours away from my hometown in the Chicago suburbs. This will be strange, because for the first time in eighteen years I won’t be coming home to the house I’ve always known. I don’t really know what to expect from the new town either, since I know no one there. I’m not especially worried about it however as I will have a lot on my plate. I decided to capitalize on the fact that we relocated from Chicago, to a small town near the quad cities, and have secured an internship at a local news station, which I am really looking forward to. Along with my internship I will be waitressing at a breakfast diner and spending a lot of quality time with my mom. Als,o my best friend from high school goes to Iowa and will be living in Iowa City this summer, which is only half an hour away. It’s funny because even though my whole life has changed, we’ll probably end up doing the same things we do every summer, just with different scenery. It really is true what they say, “the more things seem to change the more they stay the same”! 

No comments:

Post a Comment