Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Post 10 Martin
The last and only time I was completely immersed in a book was The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I absolutely love mystery but I usually don't like mystery novels because I just really don't like to read books. However, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created an amazing story with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. Conan Doyle was able to make the book interesting and still able to keep me on my toes guessing what is going to happen next. I read the book back in 8th grade because that's when I first got the book. The book is made up of a collection of 23 short stories of different mysteries that Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson solved. My personal favorite was the story with Jane Adler because that story sets up the rest of the adventures even though the stories are isolated from one another, Conan Doyle does a fantastic job of keeping the reader interested and up to date on all the necessary information that the reader needs to stay involved with the story. I would often read the book in my room instead of do my homework because the book was 10x more interesting than anything school work I had to do in the 8th grade. For me, it was one of those books that you can get lost in and not realize that you have been reading non stop for hours on end. I've read the book twice and I plan on reading it again eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment