Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bender week 13


            Every book that we have read is making the argument that something is wrong with humans and with the world. Each author bases their argument based off of what will rhetorical grab the audience’s attention the most. All three authors use research and facts to support their argument but Spiegelman’s argument is much more thrived from emotion. I think I enjoyed his writing the most because I emotional connected to it the most. The spectrum ranges form Carrs no emotional attachment to the technology debate, Foer’s mediocre emotional attachment to are treating of animals, and then Spiegelman’s true story of humans treating other humans as animals. I find Spiegelman’s story to be mind grappling and just an amazing story of how little we respect life of all living things. Foer and Spiegelman have parallel’s in their argument with the harsh treatment of living things, except with The Maus to obviously have more effect on me because of them being human. Both used unique editing and graphics to grab attention. Foer uses themes of chapter, and Spiegelman uses comics in a unique and sort of comical way. Of course, to be successful in winning an argument you must form you’re facts and build the book in the way that will get the audience to agree with you. I am glad we had the opportunity to read all three books so I can point out the successful and unsuccessful tactics in rhetorical arguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment