One of the speeches that I found to be especially
interesting was Anne Shepherd’s speech about GMOs, also known as Genetically
Modified Organism. Before Anne’s speech I actually had no idea that this existed.
I had heard the name before in passing, but had never known what exactly it
meant or even that it was a bad thing. One really interesting point that Anne
brought up was the fact that mice died and were unable to reproduce after being
fed Genetically Modified Organisms. This is a scary thought because it forces
one to contemplate the long-term effects on humanity if we continue to consume
GMOs for generations. Another point that I thought was especially interesting
was the seed monopoly that GMOs place on farmers. This was interesting because
it went beyond the argument of negative health effects, and looked at the business
aspects of the situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment