Sunday, May 11, 2014
Post 14
Cheyenne's topic was very interesting for me as it was almost the exact opposite of my argument. I'm not sure if what she was arguing what she actually believed in or what she simply had to argue but she brought up some points I never gave very much consideration. My whole piece was based around keep the government of our private affairs and the internet a free and open place. I suppose I never took into consideration that this new age of the internet is a new frontier and parents everywhere need to change the way their own internet works in order to protect their kids. Throughout the process of writing my speech I never gave children of the world very much consideration, I suppose. I was thinking bigger picture and repeatedly reminded myself of my mentality of "big government is bad." While I am still a steadfast disbeliever in the NSA and what they do, I guess Cheyenne is right. A little more structure when it comes to overtly graphic material on the internet would probably be a good thing to protect our nation's youth. No kid should have all the keys to internet, all at once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment