This
summer, my plans will be very up and down. When school ends I’ll spend a few
days in my hometown, Northbrook, IL with my friends and sister, then back to
Dallas, Texas for three weeks, then Northbrook again for two and a half months,
and then Texas for the rest of summer. The time I am in Northbrook will be the
best. My friends and I have planned trips to their lake houses, I am going on a
Habitat for Humanity retreat that is always a great time, and I’ll be attending
Lollapalooza in August. Spending time with my friends is never dull; they all
have the most interesting sense of humor and we treat each other like family.
One summer I spent more nights sleeping at a friend’s house than my own. Her
family treats me as their own, and I always clean and do my part like any
daughter would. I am so excited to see them again, and leaving to go to Texas
will be disappointing.
In Texas I don’t know anyone. Moving after high school is
very unfortunate because I never had the chance to make friends with the people
that attend their high school. I love my family so much and they like to do
out-of-the-box things, but it won’t be the same relationship with my friends. I
think that this summer I’ll get even closer with my sisters, because we’ll
basically only have each other. There are positives and negatives to both towns
I’ll be spending my time, but Northbrook is obviously the better choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment