Thursday, May 8, 2014

Post 14 Martin

I thought Danielle's speech about legalizing steroid use in baseball was quite interesting. I always thought of steroid use as a negative thing but Danielle brought up some interesting points that could end up benefiting Major League Baseball instead of hurting it. The MLB is a business and in order for a business to succeed, it needs to keep its customers happy because happy customers return to spend  more money. Baseball fans are the happiest when lots of runs are scored and more specifically when home runs are hit. There is something about the long ball that fans love; maybe its the way the ball floats majestically in the air after a towering home run, or maybe its the excitement of their team adding instant runs to the board. Whatever it is, fans love the long ball. Steroids help baseball players hit home runs and instead of punishing the use, the MLB should consider allowing steroids as long as there is a way to monitor the safety of the players. I think players should be informed about possible consequences of steroid use and then after that, the players should be able to decide if they want to use steroids or not. I think the game would become more interesting and exciting if players started cranking homers and  more runs are scored. So many players use them now and try to cheat their way out of being caught. I would support baseball allowing steroid use.

No comments:

Post a Comment