Maus and Eating animals use the same rhetorical skills to
convince the audience of their argument.
The argument uses a lot of pathos to convey our opinion. Maus uses pictures to show how horrible
things like the holocaust were. Eating
animals doesn’t necessarily use pictures but from reading it we got some pretty
gruesome pictures in our head. Other similarity’s
in these two books are that we want to help out whoever is being affected and
want to get whatever it is out of that situation. I believe these books are different then the
shallows. I didn’t really see much
pathos when reading it, I just saw a book that gave a bunch of facts and not
much to back up the argument. Or it just
wasn’t enough for me to believe in the argument. Out of the three books Eating Animals uses
the most pathos because you just feel so bad for the animals when you are
reading about the horrible things that are happening to them. Even the word choice in Eating Animals made
me sick to my stomach. There was just
something about that book. Although Eating
Animals had a convincing argument I still eat meat because it is going to take
a lot more to change my mind then a book.
No comments:
Post a Comment