Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Post 11 Poulsen
I found the argument in the shallows very interesting and agreed with the concept of humans becoming more and more dependent on technology. However I did not like the way the information was presented in the book. The author Carr seemed too much like a parent or someone trying to tell us what were doing wrong and I just felt like this was the wrong way to go about the topic. Other then his delivery I really enjoyed reading about how technology has changed and molded us as humans. The most surprising thing I thought was how much the map and compass changed the way we lived. Before this I never really thought of a map as being a form of technology, but also can see how life changing these had to be for people back then. I personally cant even remember a time were we couldn't use gps to find something and now it seems like every car has a navigation system in it which is why I found something as simple as a compass and a map to be technology. This book made me realize how dependent we actually are on technology and how one day we could be completely dependent on it if that day hasn't already come. This book has also made me believe more in the robot take over that I think will be happening in 20-30 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment