Sunday, May 11, 2014

Post 15

This summer shall be a summer indeed. Just to let you know, I've taken part in 12 summer breaks in between school years, so you can kind of call me an expert. I have experienced everything from vacations, parties, and trips, to work, boredom, and laziness. But I can tell you that this one may just be one I may remember for the rest of my life.
To start things off, a trip shall suffice. I don't enjoy planning and it is summer after all so why make anything too structured? To the north for some fishing, or south for a tropical getaway? It is mighty hard to say. When the say comes and feeling is right, I'll pick place, and take a fight. (Sorry, I'm done with the Dr. Suess.) Anyway, when it comes to trips, I know what it takes to make them a blast. I've seen places in tropics, visited our neighbors to the north, and i've even hopped over the pond a time or two. I'll bring the friends and fam, and we'll have a jolly old time.
'What about money John?'
Ah, yes. The great un-equalizer, cash. What to do for money, you ask. Well, a job is my best bet, I suppose. Good thing I've got a good gig lined up not too far away from home and hopefully that will help keep the old bank statement afloat.
I'll be back in the Village with all the old friends and having ball, waiting around for fall to call. (He's back again.) As the heat rises, and anticipation builds, we'll cap it  off with some final thrills.
'What thrills are you talking about John?'
Every Chicagoan's (aged 16-25) favorite holiday of the year of course, LOLLAPALOOZA! In the hottest, sweatiest, grossest, most fun packed, best three days of the year, we'll listen to our favorite bands play in grant park, get horrific sun burn, drink way too much (water, obviously) and have the time of our lives. Say our final goodbyes to summer 2014 and prepare to hustle back to the place we've been missing since May...IOWA (insert expletive here) CITY!
'Will it be the best summer ever John?'
I can't speak for you, friends. But I know that I will make the most of every day and try to be productive as possible while still having a ball. My summer will be my summer and I'm ready to see what's in store.

1 comment: