The last time I got really immersed in a book that I was not
required to read was probably over the summer, when I read the book Gone Girl. The book is a mystery about a
woman who disappears and is told alternating between the husband and the woman’s
diary entries. I was able to get really into it because I found myself really
caught up in the plotline. The way that the author wrote the book also made me
inclined to read it. It was filled with interesting linguistic choices, as well
as a number of unforeseen plot twists. I read it on the beach and in bed while
I was staying with my grandparents in Michigan during the last week of summer.
While I don’t think this contributed to the amount I immersed myself in it, I
do think that it helped me finish it faster since I had less distraction around
me. I think that I could easily replicate this sense of an immersion with a
book again as long as I found it interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment