Sunday, May 11, 2014

Post 13 Poulsen

Although Eating Animals, The Shallows and Maus are all different I think that they all share some similar goals of how they connect with their audience.  Maus clearly paints a picture for the audience by using comics and drawings, but I feel that the Shallows and Eating Animals do a great job of having the reader paint pictures in their head about whats happening.  The Shallows for me presented very interesting concepts that I would spent long periods of time trying to fathom and walk in the shoes of the people going through the technology change.  Eating Animals on the other hand didn't beat around the bush when it came to visually descriptive words.   We always knew the brutal truth and horrible things that happened to these animals and whether we liked it or not we could easily picture what was happening through the word choice Safran Foer used in his book.  Yes, these books were very different in content and overall message but I think that they shared a similar sense of using strong imagery in their words and pictures to portray their message. I actually think that The Shallows does the best of presenting a mental images because like I said I did spend so much time think about what it must have been like for people way back when new technology was coming out and how it must have changed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment