Friday, May 9, 2014

Gordon Bonus Post



I am extremely excited for this summer to start, but I know I am going into what could possibly be the hardest summer of my life.  I received the position of being a day camp supervisor at Camp Sunshine, in Highland Park IL, which is a camp for 5 year olds.  Each day I will be planning their events, monitoring and meeting with group counselors, and be the main person in contact with all of the parents.  I know I am qualified for this job because I have worked as a camp counselor at multiple camps, working with kids of all different ages for the past three years.  This will be a step up from that but I am prepared for the challenge.  I have also babysat for many years and I know how to handle kids who are 5.  5 year old children are proven to be hard to work with because they are at the age of discovery.  Everything around them looks like a new and fun challenge and their minds want to learn and explore.  It will be hard working 8 hour days in the heat and coming back exhausted, but I know it will be worth it.  I love working with children because they remind me each day that we do grow up way to fast and there is still so much innocence in the world that we should savor.  Even at my most stressful points, I know I can go spend time with the kinds and they will remind me why I wake up each morning for which will be an extremely difficult but rewarding summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment